Thursday, November 11, 2010

ya ya ima gonna sit, listen, learn, breathe, contemplate and ya ya...

Good day people of a rich world filled with toilet seats you can sit on and toilet paper to wipe your preciuos ass with... life is good my friends!  I am preparing to go into a month to a month in a half meditation/buddhist study retreat at Kopan monastery in Nepal...yes NEPAL!!! There are a little over two hundred people attending the month long program and the last two weeks are supposedly taught by an incredible Lama named Lama Zopa Rinpoche.  I am staying at a massive monastary in a cozy dorm room, and next to a nunnery.  I have to say that though the place is a bit overwhelming in size, it is quite beautiful, and you can see almost all of Kathmandu from here when the sun rises.  Now i have only just arrived and explored little of Kathmandu, but it (to me) quite a modern city, but a little mixed with a chaotic china town flare.  There is a lot less poverty here than in the places i visited in India, but equal in terms of constant movement and horn honking!  Honestly i was a little overwhelmed exploring the city for a day because of the amount of stimulation for you senses, but the nice thiong is that it assisted me in a decent night's sleep.  So yes, I am going into retreat and this is my last post for a while.  Who ever is here reading this, please feel free to email and tell me how you are doing, with great mailto:detail...soniabegonia26@gmail.com and i will get back to you when Im back in the world.  Much love and remember life is short, so enjoy it, and remember the kindness of others...because without it, you would have nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment